"What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step." C.S. Lewis
Hi there,Big things have happend this month! We are taking step after step...
UpdatesWe took a major step forward this month! On June 4th, we signed the lease on our first home, launching us into our final stage of getting program staff hired, our partnerships solidified and the home ready to open. We're so thankful for everyone's support!
Our first video is now out! Big thanks to all who helped us put it together. You can see it here: http://youtu.be/43riQ1rDFuw
Learn how YOU can partner with us to make this dream a reality. We still need one-time and monthly donors! Please visit our website to learn more...
NeedsYou may have heard that each room/space in the house is being sponsored by an individual or group who is covering the cost of furnishing and decorating that area. We have almost all of the rooms covered, but there ARE a few left!
Here they are, with the approximate cost for sponsoring the room:
- Full sponsors (cover the costs for the entire room) are needed for: the counseling room ($1500), the transition room ($800), bathrooms 1, 3 and 4 ($250 each), and the deck ($500). The transition room is a central room on the first floor that connects the kitchen, dining room, living room and quiet room.
- Partial sponsors (cover part of the cost) are needed for the two intern bedrooms ($400 each) and the dining room ($500).
If you're interested in getting more details, please call Bob at 781-462-1758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have five teams that still need volunteers. We'll train you!
- Community Partners team - reach out to churches and other community organizations to set up speaking opportunities and explore the possibility of partnership with Amirah.
- Volunteer Coordinator team - help those who are interested in volunteering with Amirah to find roles that best fit who they are and what Amirah needs.
- Evening of Hope team - help plan and work out the logistics for our November fundraising event.
- Soulfest table team - Soulfest is a major Christian music festival in New Hampshire in early August. Take shifts at our table talking with people from all over New England who are interested in finding out more about us and how they can get involved.
- Blogger team - write regular blogs that inform and inspire our readers.
Please email email@example.com if you're interested in helping out in any of those capacities.
Thank you for your partnership!
The Amirah Team
To learn more about Amirah, or to support our work, please visit www.amirahboston.org .
PO Box 760867
Melrose, MA 02176