“Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
We are at a tipping point - all thanks to the every day efforts of YOU! Thank you so much for your support and encouragement.
The totals are all in! Thanks to your generosity and efforts, Amirah was able to raise $24,248 by Mother's Day. That means we now have $48,496 to move Amirah forward in all sorts of directions! Keep your eyes peeled for more information on those details soon.
We also welcome 23 new monthly donors! Our 42 monthly donors allow usto keep the physical doors of the home open and the lights on. We're so grateful for each and every one of them; they are truly Amirah's backbone!
Learn how YOU can partner with us to make this dream a reality. We still need one-time and monthly donors! Please visit our website to learn more...
Are you interested in helping us get the word out? Are you part of a group that might like to have us come talk about trafficking and our vision for aftercare? We'd love to talk with you about it! We're speaking to groups of all shapes and sizes these days. Recent groups have included friends in a living room, random interested people at a restaurant, a church, a women's conference, a college group, people at an art exhibition - you get the point, we love to speak anywhere! If you're interested, we'd love to chat. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-462-1758.
SoulFest is coming! You can help Amirah reach out to thousands of new partners, supporters and anti-trafficking activists. We are looking for volunteers to help staff the booth, talk up Amirah around the festival, and a slew of other fun tasks. If you’re interested, email email@example.com for more details!
We have five teams that still need volunteers. We'll train you!
- Community Partners team - reach out to churches and other community organizations to set up speaking opportunities and explore the possibility of partnership with Amirah.
- Volunteer Coordinator team - help those who are interested in volunteering with Amirah to find roles that best fit who they are and what Amirah needs.
- Evening of Hope team - help plan and work out the logistics for our November fundraising event.
- Soulfest table team - Soulfest is a major Christian music festival in New Hampshire in early August. Take shifts at our table talking with people from all over New England who are interested in finding out more about us and how they can get involved.
- Blogger team - write regular blogs that inform and inspire our readers.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in helping out in any of those capacities.
Thank you for your partnership!
The Amirah Team
To learn more about Amirah, or to support our work, please visit www.amirahboston.org .
PO Box 760867
Melrose, MA 02176