Do you want to stay informed of the latest breakthroughs in the fight against modern-day slavery? Do you want to know how you can get involved?
By following these organizations you can:
- Learn more about slavery in the U.S. and worldwide
- Stay informed about trafficking legislation
- Become an advocate
- Use your purchasing power to buy slave-free products
- Become a modern-day abolitionist
Here, then, are the top organizations (in my humble opinion, and in no particular order) that you should follow to stay “in the know:”
2. Not For Sale
3. International Justice Mission
5. Shared Hope International
7. ECPAT (End Child Prostitution and Trafficking) – USA
What’s your slavery footprint? Find out how many slaves “work” for you based on the products you already own. Eye-opening!
Give us some feedback. Are there other organizations fighting slavery that we should know about? Or, share with us something new that has inspired you as a result of exploring the organizations on this list. We’d love to hear from you.
And...don't forget to follow Amirah. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and consider partnering with us to make a difference locally in the lives of women who are emerging from modern-day slavery in the Greater Boston area.
Jodi is a "molecular biologist/science teacher turned full-time mom" with a passion for Amirah's mission to bring healing and restoration to survivors of modern-day slavery.