"To reach a port, we must sail. Sail, not tie at anchor. Sail, not drift." - Franklin Roosevelt
We are sailing, friends! We are so grateful for all of you that are on this ride with us.
We're running our first interviews this week for our Program Director position. We have some great candidates!
Our new fundraising campaign is underway! By Mother's Day, we're looking to raise $50,000 in one-time donations to meet a matching gift, and raise our army of monthly donors up to $4500/month.
This is part of our final push to open our first home - please consider being part of it! You can donate through our website or by sending a check to:
Amirah, Inc., PO Box 760867, Melrose, MA 02176.
Another way you can help us financially - host a party at your house, and invite your friends! Definitely something you can make as simple or extravagant as you want, but the main idea is to gather a group of 10-15 friends, have one of speaker team come and talk about trafficking and Amirah, and consider finding a creative way to make it a fun fundraiser.
We have five teams where volunteer help is especially needed. We'll train you!
- Community Partners team - reach out to churches and other community organizations to set up speaking opportunities and explore the possibility of partnership with Amirah.
- Volunteer Coordinator team - help those who are interested in volunteering with Amirah to find roles that best fit who they are and what Amirah needs.
- Evening of Hope team - help plan and work out the logistics for our November fundraising event.
- Soulfest table team - Soulfest is a major Christian music festival in New Hampshire in early August. Take shifts at our table talking with people from all over New England who are interested in finding out more about us and how they can get involved.
- Blogger team - write regular blogs that inform and inspire our readers.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in helping out in any of those capacities.
Thank you for your partnership!
The Amirah Team
PO Box 760867
Melrose, MA 02176