"A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows." – St. Francis of Assisi
The sun is shining and summer is here! Great things are happening here at Amirah. Here are the latest updates...
SoulFest is coming up next week (August 3-6) in Gilford, NH!! Amirah will have a table - please grab your friends and come say "hi"!
We have officially filed for our 501(c)3 status as an individual non-profit organization! Previously, we had non-profit status through an umbrella ministry (Logos Global Network). We are excited for this step into independence and are hoping for a quick response.
THANK YOU to everyone (about 100 of you) that showed up to the concert last week at North Shore Baptist Church. A donation was taken in the amount of $1,100.00! We were truly overwhelmed with gratitude for the teens who caught the vision to put on this concert and ran with it. Thank you for all your hard work!
Can you help us meet our goal of raising $150,000? Whether it's $25 a month or $2,500 - every single gift brings us closer to making this house a reality for the women enslaved right now! Donate on our website now...
“Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul.” - Author Unknown
We are so grateful to everyone that's helped us get to this point!! A big thanks goes out to those who have donated furniture. Physical donations have actually filled the storage space we are currently renting. How awesome is that? We are now making arrangements for another unit as well.
Here are some great ways YOU can help provide for Amirah's needs...
- We are also still on the hunt for one more iPad to help us with logistics at SoulFest (and beyond!) If you've recently updated to the newest version and would be able to donate your older one to Amirah, please let us know!
- We are still looking for an individual (or team) to help us rent a temporary storage space until we have a house to put all of our physical donations into. Could you commit to covering this $95/month for us?
- Corporate matching/giving programs - many workplaces offer employees the opportunity to make pre-tax donations and some may even match your giving! Would you consider giving to Amirah in this way? Whether it's $10, $100 or $1,000 - every bit helps!
- Airline miles - Arwyn (Amirah's Director of Operations) will be traveling to network and connect with like-minded safehouses. Donated airline miles will help us in amazing ways to get her there!
- Fundraising event team - we are looking for individuals located on the North Shore who may be interested in helping to plan and execute a fundraising event this upcoming fall.
- Not on the North Shore, but still interested in working on a fundraising event? No problem! We'd love to help out (as possible) - so please let us know if you're interested in this capacity.
- Folks dedicated to raising awareness about human trafficking and what Amirah's trying to do about it! If you or your church/school/organization would be interested in having someone from Amirah come speak, please let us know.**
- A local realtor to work with our "property" team in finding a house
- Individuals interested in helping our "programming" team
- August 3-6 - Going to SoulFest?? Visit our table!!
- Oct/Nov 2011 - Amirah's very first large fundraising event will be taking place on the North Shore. Stay tuned for details...
Thank you for partnering with us to abolish modern-day slavery!
The Amirah team