"The road to success is always under construction" – Lily Tomlin
Things are happening with great speed here at Amirah! We are absolutely in the "construction" phase of pulling folks and resources together to make this safe house a reality.
Can you help us meet our goal of raising $150,000 by July? Whether it's $25 a month or $2,500 - every single gift brings us closer to making this house a reality for the women enslaved right now!
“Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” - John F. Kennedy
We are so grateful to everyone that's helped us get to this point!! Physical donations are starting to come in and it's exciting to think that these items will be a blessing to the women that are waiting for a safe haven.
Here are some great ways YOU can help provide for Amirah's needs...
- We are still looking for an individual (or team) to help us rent a temporary storage space until we have a house to put all of our physical donations into. Could you commit to covering this $95/month for us?
- As our Director of Operations, Arwyn, continues to set up, she finds herself in need of a copy of Microsoft Office (that includes Outlook).
- We are also still on the hunt for one more iPad to help us with logistics at SoulFest (and beyond!) If you've recently updated to the newest version and would be able to donate your older one to Amirah, please let us know!
- Corporate matching/giving programs - many workplaces offer employees the opportunity to make pre-tax donations and some may even match your giving! Would you consider giving to Amirah in this way? Whether it's $10, $100 or $1,000 - every bit helps!
- Airline miles - Arwyn will be traveling to network and connect with like-minded safehouses. Donated airline miles will help us in amazing ways to get her there!
- Individuals interested in running a fund-raising event
- Folks dedicated to raising awareness about human trafficking and what Amirah's trying to do about it! If you or your church/school/organization would be interested in having someone from Amirah come speak, please let us know.**
- A local realtor to work with our "property" team in finding a house
- Individuals interested in helping our "programming" team
- July 21 - Worship concert at North Shore Community Baptist Church (Beverly, MA) at 7 pm. This event is open to to the public and an offering will be taken for Amirah.
- August 3-6 - Going to SoulFest?? We need your help! Amirah is looking for volunteers to help us man a booth. This will be a fantastic opportunity to share about the need for a safe house with some great people from all around New England. Please email us to let us know if you'd be interested! We will have a training event on July 30th, and anyone who takes on four or more 4-hour shifts at the table will get a free pass to the festival.
Thank you for partnering with us to abolish modern-day slavery!
The Amirah team
**As you're able, we request an honorarium to cover travel costs.